Here’s a 50th birthday idea that doesn’t involve planning a full-blown party. Instead, plan a special celebration for just the two of you.
Maybe the time isn’t right for a big party, or you just can’t take on all the work involved in planning one right now. No worries. It’s not a problem. Check out these three 50th birthday ideas for a really special birthday party for two.
Or maybe your birthday person has made you promise you wouldn’t plan a party, surprise or otherwise.
Whatever the reason, we have ideas for making your special one’s 50th birthday a great kickoff for the next half century.
50th Birthday Idea for Two #1 – Romance
With this party idea, you’re going to plan a trip for two to a popular romantic spot, or maybe someplace you’ve never been before. This trip will make new memories.
- Niagara Falls is a spectacular location if you haven’t been before
- Then there’s Paris, where the two of you can walk hand-in-hand along the river Seine, with bread and cheese for breakfast. Visit the Rive Gauche pub for lunch, then take a Bateau boat to the shopping district and buy an expensive perfume. For dinner, either take a dinner cruise or visit almost any restaurant in walking distance from the river, near the Sorbonne.
- What about a long weekend in Cancun Mexico. The water is crystal blue, and there are lots of things to do, day or night. Visit the ruins nearby, or shop in the markets. Lounge by the pool, or go snorkeling and para-sailing.
- Visit the Great Smoky Mountains in Gatlinburg in Tennessee
- More ideas: Key West, Las Vegas, Washington, D.C.
Idea #2 – Pampering and Indulgence
A Day of Indulgence party for two.
- Book a really fancy hotel room for two days and check in on the eve of the celebration day. If you have time, kick off the event with cocktails before bedtime in a romantic corner of the hotel bar.
- Order room service and have breakfast in bed. You already scheduled massage-for-two for 11 am, so you have plenty of time to enjoy it. Just one rule: No TV!
- After your massage, return to your room for more together time, or if you prefer something more active, hit the pool for a while. Then grab a snack, go shopping, or take a nap.
- You’ve already planned a special dinner at the best restaurant in town. Be sure each of you orders a different dessert so you can each try them both.
- Follow up your amazing dinner with a night out at a comedy club or theater.
- And … if possible, sleep late the next morning to properly top off the day of indulgence!
Aren’t you lucky to be sharing such a scrumptious day with your 50-something special person?
Idea #3 – do Something Daring
Daring birthday party ideas:
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- Take a flight in a fighter plane.
- Go bungee jumping.
- Spend the day together at an amusement park and do all the scary rides.
- Get a tattoo.
- Rent a lake house and go skinny dipping.
- Take a wind surfing lesson.
- Go rollerskating (this would be daring for me ;-).
- Sign up for scuba lessons and buy all your gear.
We hope these 50th birthday ideas for parties of two will help you plan a truly memorable celebration to mark the occasion for your special person’s 50th birthday.
If they do, please tell us all about it!