50th Birthday Gag Gifts
50th birthday gag gifts work best when dealing with close friends and our dearest relatives. They are the ones we can poke fun at and have a laugh with, so let’s get you going!!
These funny gag gifts can be homemade or store-bought. Either way, they will always be sure to get a laugh.
The ideas for gag gifts are nearly endless, but one thing they all have in common is a good laugh!
- Always be sure to remember “the line” and don’t go too far with the wrong person.
- Always keep in mind the type of person you are getting the gift for.
Here are a few great ideas for some really great giggles:
Create An Old-Age Survival Kit
To make this 50th birthday gag gift, start with an interesting gift box and fill it with things we might need as we get older.
Here is a list of things you can add to the basket:
- Arthritis rub
- Incontinence supplies
- Very strong reading glasses
- Metamucil or fiber drinks
- A journal called a “memory log”
- Nutritional shakes
- A bottle of candies (tic-tacs) called “anti-aging” pills.
- Walking stick
- A VERY large magnifying glass
Be creative! You can add anything you think would be helpful for someone who’s getting older.
Design a mug with the caption, “50 Sucks.”
For this, you need lollipops — fifty of them, to be exact. Take these lollipops and arrange them in a vase or cup, or attach them together in some manner.
On the container, write “50 sucks” in bright, fun colors.
Or, another way to do it is to get one BIG lollipop. These large lollipops are usually plastic-covered so grab a sticker and label it with, “50 Sucks”.
Personalized 50th Birthday Gag Gifts Items
|Personalized 50th birthday gag gifts can be designed on t-shirts, travel mugs, coffee cups, key chains, ball caps, puzzles and much more.
There are so many different things that can be personalized – all in varying price ranges, too.
If you want to do something homemade, you can use permanent marker on a t-shirt. In fact, Michael’s has an entire section for t-shirt painting. If you want to buy something from a photo store, you can have it personalized with a photograph.
These are great gifts because they are something personal that will be cherished for years to come.
And you can personalize using our 50th birthday sayings here.
Over the Hill
The famous saying, “over the hill”. This is used for many of the older milestone birthdays but I think that 50 is the top of the hill and its all down hill from there (excuse the pun!).
There are many stores that sell stuff with over the hill themes. They also have different prank gifts like candies in a pill bottle – and label the bottle of pills as “Anti-Aging” pills or something.
Gag Gift Touches to Add to Your Gift
If you don’t want to apportion your entire gift to a gag, you can just add a touch of fun to your main, serious gift.
Here are some funny touches:
- Buy a cane and decorate it with a horn, magnifying glass, bells, etc. No one will miss the slow moving person!
- Get some crack filler from the hardware store and label it, as “anti-wrinkle cream.”
- Create a notebook with a label on it, calling it their “memory book” so they can keep track of the memories they don’t want to lose.
- Arrange some champagne flutes with prune juice in a display for a toast to their 50th birthday.
- Decorate their front lawn (or desk at work) with 50 of something. Examples: 50 skunks or 50 large lollipops. Display a sign that says Happy 50th Birthday, or even another joke or other saying.
These are only a few of the creative ideas that could be used for 50th birthday gag gifts.
For one particular dad’s birthday, a card was made and signed by everyone, but the card was huge (like 3 feet high) and with it was attached a pair of reading glasses from the dollar store.
The card noted that these glasses were to help him see the card.
Also, a purchased stuffed dog with big magnified glasses was added for everyone to sign. It had a witty saying about his 50th birthday as well.
We each only turn 50 once, it’s a day to have fun, so just be creative. I hope these ideas help you make the day fun and unforgettable.
Is shopping for gag gifts out of your budget??
If you need some great ideas with little cost, we also have some awesome ideas for homemade gag gifts that will cost little to nothing to give!!